Meet Your Dentist, Dr. Alex Funk
Always welcoming new patients!
Dr. Alex Funk, DMD
Alex has always been fascinated by the complexity of the human body. He turned to a career in dentistry as a way to focus on treating the entrance to the body while building lifelong relationships with his patients and their families.
He is proud to be a part of Brimfield Family Dentistry, a practice that prioritizes patient experience and overall health. Every person has different needs and desires — his focus is on providing quality, individualized care for each of his patients.
Alex’s approach to patient care
“At the end of the day, it’s your mouth and my goal is to assist in reaching your health and esthetic goals. I look forward to getting to know you and taking care of you and your family!”
Education & Certifications
- B.S. and M.S., Cellular and Molecular Biology, Bradley University
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine (DMD) from Southern Illinois University
- American Dental Association
- Illinois State Dental Society
- Peoria District Dental Society
- The Breathe Institute Ambassador
Outside of the office
- Alex is the youngest of 4 brothers. “I had to be a bit scrappy growing up, but today I am so thankful for my relationship with them and their families.”
- He is partially colorblind “I can still see colors, but certain shades are difficult for me to differentiate. I’m thankful that I can rely on my assistants and lab technicians to make sure my patient’s dental work is color matched perfectly.”
- He’s a singer! “In high school, I auditioned in IHSA’s choir and was placed in the honors choir as a tenor. I also love watching live theater.”
When he’s not helping patients, you can find him working on his home, playing with his dog, Locke, or spending time with his wife, Michaela, and his daughter, Wren. You might also see Alex at one of his favorite spots around town:
- Grabbing food and a drink with friends at Black Band Distillery
- Visiting shops and restaurants with his wife at Peoria Heights
- Spending time in Grand Prairie on Route 91 (he grew up near this area!)
Alex is also proud to be involved with a variety of charitable work, including:
- Peoria Midwest Foodbank
- Apostolic Christian Counseling and
- Family Services
Hear from our patients
– Krystal Z.
Book your appointment with Alex
We’re so glad you found us and can’t wait to get to know you.