Tooth Replacement Dentists in Brimfield, IL
Everything to know about replacing teeth
Are you missing one or more teeth?
- Nearly 30% of adults will lose a tooth at some point in their life.
- Don’t let a missing tooth negatively affect your health, career, confidence, and lifestyle.
- Talk to our Brimfield tooth replacement dentists and take back your life.
No matter when or how you lost a tooth, there is a solution. Book online today and get a new set of teeth.
What causes missing teeth?
Severe decay & damage
Untreated tooth decay will eventually necessitate a root canal or an extraction. Other dental damage like excessive wear, cracks, and chips can compromise the integrity of your tooth.
Gum disease is the #1 cause of tooth loss. Without proper oral hygiene, bacteria will slowly eat away at and damage your jaw bone, causing your teeth to become loose or fall out completely.
A lost tooth is usually the result of a dental health issue, but it could also be caused by mishaps like slips and falls, car collisions, contact sports, and other impact injuries.
Did you just knock out a tooth? Do this!
- Find and save the tooth, but avoid picking it up by the roots.
- Put the tooth in a clean container — cover it with milk or saliva.
- Call us at (309) 396-3123. We’ll give you advice on what to do next — you’ll need to be seen ASAP.
Don’t wait to get help. If you want to save your tooth, something must be done within 30 minutes.
Are missing teeth bad?
In rare situations, replacing a tooth may not be necessary. For example, you may have had a tooth removed to address a crowded, misaligned smile. Wisdom teeth are also often removed to improve your health and lifestyle.
However, in most cases, a missing tooth is a problem that must be addressed.
- The jaw bone beneath your missing tooth will begin to wear away, increasing your risk of losing even more teeth.
- Neighboring teeth may begin to shift and reposition.
- The rest of your teeth become weaker, leading to chips and cracks.
- You’ll be at increased risk of gum disease.
- You may have trouble eating and speaking normally and comfortably.
What are my options if I have missing teeth?
Missing teeth contribute to serious problems for your health and happiness — from headaches to bone loss in the jaw. Thanks to advances in technology and dentistry, there are many excellent options for replacing missing teeth:
- Dental implants
- Dental bridges
- Traditional dentures
- All-on-4 implant dentures
Hear from our patients
The atmosphere in the office is warm and welcoming. The doctor and staff genuinely care about you as an individual as well as the health of your teeth and gums.
– Ruth L.
Replace missing teeth in one day!
At Brimfield Family Dentistry, we offer same-day implants to qualified patients. With this approach, you’ll walk into our office with a missing or broken tooth and leave with a temporary but fully functional tooth!